Former MSU student sentenced for involvement in Cedar Fest

A 20-year-old former MSU student was sentenced Tuesday to two years of probation after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor charge of indecent exposure during Cedar Fest in April.

Rachel Hudson of Farmington Hills was ordered by Judge Richard Ball of East Lansing’s 54-B District Court to complete a substance abuse program, and the judge prohibited her from using and possessing illegal drugs or alcohol during her probationary period, according to a city press release.

The court ordered Hudson to pay $2,564.40 in fines, costs and assessments. Of the fines assessed to Hudson, $1,074.40 is to be paid as restitution to the city of East Lansing for police expenses and private property damage incurred during the Cedar Fest riot.

Hudson also was sentenced to 41 days in jail but 30 days of her sentence will be suspended if she successfully completes her probation. Hudson was given credit for the remaining 11 days when she served time after she was arrested for failing to appear for a court date earlier this year.

Hudson is prohibited from entering a public community college, college or university campus for one year.

Share and discuss “Former MSU student sentenced for involvement in Cedar Fest” on social media.