Sunday, May 5, 2024

Coca-Cola awards MSU $400K to develop packaging innovation center

MSU’s College of Agriculture and Natural Resources received a $400,000 award Friday from Coca-Cola to develop a Center for Packaging Innovation and Sustainability.

The center “will serve as a think tank for packaging innovation” and focus on new ways to reduce packaging’s impact on the environment, according to an MSU release.

“Coca-Cola’s funding … will move us toward an unprecedented level of industry collaboration that will have global implications for improving packaging performance and sustainability,” Agriculture and Natural Resources Dean Jeffrey Armstrong said in a university statement.

The college’s School of Packaging and The Eli Broad College of Business’ Department of Supply Chain Management will be involved with the center, creating collaboration among MSU researchers.

“By bringing together university and industry resources … this center will be able to effectively address issues of sustainability, discover environmentally and economically operative solutions and consider new ways to manage environmental impact,” Business interim Dean Elvin Lashbrooke said in a university statement.

Share and discuss “Coca-Cola awards MSU $400K to develop packaging innovation center” on social media.