Monday, April 29, 2024

Student sexually assaulted on way to her car

A 19-year-old female student told police she was sexually assaulted Tuesday as she walked to her vehicle near Lot 30 on Hagadorn Road, MSU police Sgt. Florene McGlothian-Taylor said.

The student said three men approached her on the sidewalk near Hubbard Hall as she walked to her vehicle. One of the three men approached from the left, one from the right and one from behind. The suspects approaching from the sides put their arms around the victim’s shoulders while the suspect behind her placed his hand on her breast. The suspects also made obscene comments while groping the victim, McGlothian-Taylor said.

The suspects released the victim when they reached nearby railroad tracks, then ran away. The student was not hurt and required no medical attention after she called police.

One suspect is described as a thin, white male with fair complexion, wearing a blue and white flat-brimmed cap. The second suspect is described as a thin, black male with dark complexion, wearing blue jeans, a silver chain and a large, multi-colored puffy jacket. The third suspect is described as a heavy-set black male, wearing black jeans and a black and gold leather jacket.

All of the suspects were described between the ages of 18 and 23 and between 5 feet 10 inches and 6 feet tall.

Anyone with information on this case is asked to call MSU police at (517) 355-2221.

Share and discuss “Student sexually assaulted on way to her car” on social media.