Myles White brings total football players suspended to 12

White

Another player was suspended from the MSU football team for violation of team rules only hours after he was charged with urinating in public and a minor in possession stemming from a Nov. 22 incident at The Small Planet.

Redshirt freshman wide receiver Myles White was charged Thursday at St. John’s 65-A District Court. His pretrial conference is scheduled for Dec. 18.

If convicted, he could face $600 in fines and court costs and a maximum penalty of 90 days in jail. According to the court clerk’s office, White pleaded not guilty and does not have a lawyer.

The suspension brings the total number of MSU football players suspended or removed from the team in recent weeks to 14. Of those, nine have received assault charges stemming from a Nov. 22 assault in Rather Hall.

White’s suspension will be the same as the other players who have been suspended, including inability to participate in the Jan 2. Alamo Bowl against Texas Tech University.

White has not been charged in relation to the altercation and police have not identified him as being present, but witnesses have said the incident at The Small Planet, 16800 Chandler Road, might have led to the Rather Hall assault.

Bath Township Police cited White outside The Small Planet. Although police said they were not called to the scene, they were in the area because of the large crowd. They would not release any more details of the citation.

Both MSU Spokesman Terry Denbow and MSU Associate Athletics Director of Communications John Lewandowski confirmed White had been suspended from the team Thursday.

White’s brother, redshirt freshman cornerback Mitchell White, was involved in an October 2008 altercation between several student athletes, including former MSU football player Glenn Winston. Mitchell White pleaded guilty to assaulting Sean Lerg, who was visiting friends at a house where several MSU hockey players lived. White was sentenced to 30 days in jail and two years of probation. Winston sentenced to 180 days in jail for assaulting MSU hockey player A.J. Sturges the same night.

Winston has been charged with two counts of assault or assault and battery, and one charge of conspiracy to commit an assault and battery in the Rather Hall assaults.

The nine players facing charges in the Rather Hall assault have not been arraigned as of Thursday.

Share and discuss “Myles White brings total football players suspended to 12” on social media.