Akers Hall panty raider identified

A man who allegedly stole 15 pairs of thong underwear from a West Akers Hall laundry room on March 22 has been exposed, MSU police Sgt. Florene McGlothian-Taylor said.

The suspect, a 19-year-old male MSU student, was found with 79 pairs of women’s thong underwear valued at $237 dollars, McGlothian-Taylor said.

The thong thief was caught April 7 after a witness who saw the man stealing pairs of underwear from a dryer reported him to police.

The witness said once information had surfaced about the panty raids, the witness came forward and recalled the suspect placing the thongs into his laundry basket.

The original complaint involved an 18-year-old female MSU student who reported 15 pairs of her underwear stolen. Of the 79 pairs recovered, eight of the thongs belonged to the original complaintant.

Her 15 pairs were valued at $50.

McGlothian-Taylor said the student plans on pressing charges.

Other women who believe they might be a victim of the thong thief should contact MSU police, McGlothian-Taylor said.
McGlothian-Taylor said there are some cases of students leaving their clothing in the dryer and items wound up missing. However, she said it is not common.

Advertising junior Sunni Schoenberg said she wasn’t too concerned with people stealing clothing items out of dryers but has had instances where people had moved her clothes out of the dryer onto a table in the laundry rooms.

“I’ve never had anyone steal anything, but it does make me uncomfortable knowing that people have touched my stuff when they moved it,” Schoenberg said.

Share and discuss “Akers Hall panty raider identified” on social media.