Sun, moon festivals set to rock Lansing

In celebration of the summer solstice, the Old Town Commercial Association, or OTCA, is holding a Festival of the Moon from 6-11 p.m. Friday, and a Festival of the Sun from 2-11 p.m. Saturday on the corner of Turner Street and Grand River Avenue, in Lansing.

The Festival of the Moon, honoring the shortest night of the year, will feature live entertainment from rock groups JHD, Jet Set Drag and Cartel.

The Festival of the Moon is a nighttime celebration that will feature beer from Bell’s Brewery, Inc., and food from Vernadine’s Soul Food Carry Out, 401 E. Grand River Ave., in Lansing.

Attendees must be at least 21 years old to enter.

The Festival of the Sun’s entertainment will include music from Tania Hayward, Elevator Conspiracy, Jeff Pianki, Hot Club of Lansing, Joe Hertler, Frances Bennigan, Salsa Verde, Billiards Music and Steppin’ In It.

The festival also will offer food from Aloha Piilani’s Catering-Deli, 3002 Turner St., in Lansing and Grand Traverse Pie Co., as well as many award-winning wines.

After 7 p.m., only people who are 21 years and older and have a valid ID will be allowed into the festival.

Tickets for the Festival of the Moon are $10 in advance or $15 at the door.

Tickets for the Festival of the Sun are $17 in advance or $20 at the door and children 12 years old and younger can enter for free.

A weekend pass, which allows access to both festivals, can be purchased for $25.

Tickets for the festivals can be purchased at the OTCA Office, 1232 Turner St., in Lansing, or online at festivalofthesun.com.

For more information, call OTCA at (517) 485-4283.

Share and discuss “Sun, moon festivals set to rock Lansing” on social media.