Alleged dog killer's bond reduced to $50,000

<p>Alleged dog killer and graduate student Andrew Thompson sits listening as the discourse of his preliminary hearing surrounds him August 4, 2011 at the 55th District Court. Thompson faces 13 counts of animal killing in circuit court.</p>

Alleged dog killer and graduate student Andrew Thompson sits listening as the discourse of his preliminary hearing surrounds him August 4, 2011 at the 55th District Court. Thompson faces 13 counts of animal killing in circuit court.

The bond for alleged dog killer Andrew David Thompson was reduced from $1 million to $50,000 by Judge Paula Manderfield this morning at a bond hearing in Lansing’s 30th Circuit Court.

Thompson only has to pay $5,000 in order to be released and as a stipulation of his bond he will have to wear a GPS tether and adhere to a curfew of 10 p.m. until 6 a.m. every morning, a judicial staff member in Manderfield’s office said.

Thompson was suspended from the College of Osteopathic Medicine in June and faces 13 counts of animal killing, three of which are in East Lansing. The other 10 are in Okemos.

Continue to check statenews.com and tomorrow’s edition of The State News for updates.

Share and discuss “Alleged dog killer's bond reduced to $50,000” on social media.