MSU student reports sexual assault on campus

A 19-year-old female student reported she was sexually assaulted between 4:30-5 p.m. Saturday somewhere between South Neighborhood and the Main Library.

The female said her attacker was an unknown man standing about 6-feet-2-inches tall with a medium build and wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt.

No weapon was indicated or observed, and the student was unable to provide any more details.
She did not report the incident to police until about 12:25 p.m. Tuesday.

This is the second criminal sexual assault involving a stranger reported to the MSU Police Department in the past three weeks.

An 18-year-old female student reported the first incident to MSU police after she allegedly was sexually assaulted between 10:30-11:40 p.m. Oct. 29, by an unknown 18-year-old male in a men’s restroom on the third floor of Armstrong Hall.

The suspect was described as being black, 5-feet-11-inches tall, weighing 160 pounds and having short black hair.

MSU police Sgt. Florene McGlothian-Taylor said there is no known connection between the two incidents, and both are under investigation.

McGlothian-Taylor did not comment on the nature of the assault in the most recent incident, and she
said the degree of sexual assault has not been determined.

If anyone has information regarding either incident, they are encouraged to contact the MSU police at (517) 355-2222 or Crime Stoppers at (517) 483-7867.

Share and discuss “MSU student reports sexual assault on campus” on social media.