City manager candidate withdraws from consideration

One of the six finalists for the vacant East Lansing city manager position formally has withdrawn his name from consideration for the job.

Sean McBride, the chief information technology officer for the city of Tucson, Az., in a letter told Affion Public — the Pennsylvania-based search firm who selected semifinalists for the position — he is withdrawing his name from consideration because he currently is involved in final negotiations to become the executive director of the Kalamazoo County Transportation Authority.

“I want to thank Affion Public for running a very professional recruitment,” McBride said in the letter. “I wish the city of East Lansing best of luck in selecting their next city manager.”

Executive Assistant to the East Lansing City Council Laurie Hoffman confirmed McBride’s decision.

The Kalamazoo County Transportation Authority could not be reached for comment.

The remaining five finalists, including current Interim City Manager George Lahanas and Director of Public Works Todd Sneathen, are scheduled to participate in a community reception Jan. 25 and interview with council members Jan. 26, according to the city’s website.

The council is expected to announce its final decision regarding a new city manager Jan. 27.

Share and discuss “City manager candidate withdraws from consideration” on social media.