Wood's agent talks about legal troubles

Former MSU men’s basketball player Brandon Wood has been discussing the events of his April 29 altercation after learning that his court date has been set for June 1.

Wood was arrested on that Sunday morning for allegedly slapping an 18-year-old woman near downtown Chicago, and faces misdemeanor charges of battery, assault and criminal trespassing of a residence.

He was released on his own recognizance and had a chance to sit down and speak with his agent, Mike Naiditch, about what happened.

“From what I can tell, everyone’s recollection is slightly different and Brandon’s is too,” Naiditch said, adding that both Wood’s father, Anthony Wood, and the 18-year-old who he allegedly slapped, have stated different versions of the incident as well.

Wood will appear around 2 p.m. on June 1 in Cook County misdemeanor court, where the story will be sorted out, Naiditch said.

“Brandon for sure will appreciate more that he’s in the public eye and that he really needs to be mindful and understand that every little misstep will be recorded,” Naiditch said.

Naiditch said Wood hopefully will recognize the delicacy of the situation and his public appearance as a professional athlete.

Be sure to check The State News on June 1 for coverage of Wood’s hearing.

Share and discuss “Wood's agent talks about legal troubles” on social media.