Second man arraigned in death of former MSU student

<p>Pryor</p>

Pryor

A second man involved in the death of MSU freshman Olivia Pryor was arraigned Wednesday in East Lansing’s 54-B District Court, according to MSU police.

Detroit resident Dishon Tyran Ambrose, 19, faces a felony charge of selling or furnishing to a minor causing death.

Pryor was discovered dead in her room in South Hubbard Hall on the morning of March 19. After further investigation, police found alcohol to be a factor in her death. Because Pryor was under the legal drinking age, MSU police conducted further investigation to discover how she acquired the alcohol.

The Ingham County Prosecutor’s Office then issued an extradition order for Ambrose. He was found in San Antonio and returned to Michigan by MSU police.

On June 27, 17-year-old Marquez Dominique Cannon from Eastpointe, Mich. was arraigned and charged with criminal sexual conduct, injury to an incapacitated victim, selling or furnishing to a minor causing death and criminal sexual conduct, force or coercion for Pryor’s death.

Ambrose was arraigned before Judge David Jordan Wednesday and faces the possibility of a 10-year prison sentence. He is currently being held at a $250,000 cash or surety bond in the Ingham County Jail.

Ambrose’s pretrial is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. July 17 and his preliminary examination for 1 p.m. July 20 at 54-B District Court.

Share and discuss “Second man arraigned in death of former MSU student” on social media.