Advertising junior charged with five counts in assault case

Advertising junior Brandon Carmack in a photo taken on Saturday, Sept. 1, 2012. He was allegedly kicked, stabbed and beat by personals associated with the MSU hockey team. Natalie Kolb/The State News
Advertising junior Brandon Carmack in a photo taken on Saturday, Sept. 1, 2012. He was allegedly kicked, stabbed and beat by personals associated with the MSU hockey team. Natalie Kolb/The State News —
Photo by Natalie Kolb | and Natalie Kolb The State News

Advertising junior Brandon Carmack has been charged with two counts of assault and battery, one count of domestic assault and battery, one count of filing a false police report of a felony and one count of stalking following a police investigation of an assault that occurred Aug. 28, Ingham County Prosecutor Stuart Dunnings III said.

Capt. Bill Mitchell of East Lansing Police Department, or ELPD, confirmed Carmack turned himself in prior to 1 p.m. today.

Carmack currently is being held on a $10,000 bond.

In a previous interview, Carmack alleged the MSU hockey team was involved in the assault but he did not exactly know how the assailants were tied to the team nor could he identify specific players.

Dunnings said a press release will be sent later today regarding additional detail about the case. He declined to speak further about the investigation nor discuss any alleged involvement of the team.

Staff reporter Matt Sheehan contributed to this report.

Keep checking statenews.com and tomorrow’s edition of The State News for more on this breaking story.

Share and discuss “Advertising junior charged with five counts in assault case” on social media.