Local gym set to reopen after renovations

Economics junior Austin Mead works out on the elliptical machine in Conquest Health Fitness at Eagle Eye, 15500 Chandler Road, on Thursday, Sept. 6, 2012. Mead said he comes to this gym because it is close to his apartment in Chandler's Crossings. Julia Nagy/The State News
Economics junior Austin Mead works out on the elliptical machine in Conquest Health Fitness at Eagle Eye, 15500 Chandler Road, on Thursday, Sept. 6, 2012. Mead said he comes to this gym because it is close to his apartment in Chandler's Crossings. Julia Nagy/The State News —
Photo by Julia Nagy | and Julia Nagy The State News

On Sept. 7 from 4-7:30 p.m., Conquest Health and Fitness at Eagle Eye, 15500 S. Chandler Road, will celebrate the renovations the gym has undergone and once again open its doors to the public.

Former MSU basketball player Andre Hutson, who became the owner of the gym this past March, said the restoration includes new showers, new paint throughout the facility and a remodeled entryway. He also has added a studio room, On Target Living and a massage therapy company with a masseuse on staff six days a week.

“[It] gives way to classes such as yoga, mat pilates,” Zumba and Turbo Kick,”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TPviklSXQ8 to name a few, ” Hutson said. “We also have some hard-core classes such as cardio sculpt and high-intensity training for those who are looking to be pushed.”

Hutson, who graduated from MSU in 2001, said he constantly strives for ways to maintain a connection with MSU.

“This particular location gave me access to providing a platform for balance in health and fitness for my MSU family,” Hutson said.

To regulars who frequent the center, the construction was much-needed, fitness center employee and MSU alumnus Dujuan Wiley said.

“I think the changes to the gym are great,” he said.

“Andre had a vision to improve the look and feel of the gym, and he did just that. Adding flat-screen HD energy-efficient TVs, new lighting, which happens to be energy-efficient, a group exercise room and much more.”

Wiley has been helping Hutson’s new business venture continue to be a success, and went on to describe the life coaches who have been added to the gym.

“The life coaches are different than any trainer I’ve ever seen,” Hutson said. “Headed by Chris Johnson himself, this team of individuals will single-handedly turn your life around for the better through focusing on proper nutrition, rest, cardio, strength building, meditation, stretching and much more.”

Economics junior Eric Silvernail, who has a membership at Eagle Eye and works out there regularly, said the gym is convenient and the new renovations have been satisfactory.

“I really like the Eagle Eye fitness facility because it’s clean, affordable, never too crowded and has about all the equipment any fitness guru would need,” Silvernail said. “I can easily see myself continuing to go there in the future.”

MSU basketball coach Tom Izzo and members of the team are expected to be in attendance at the reopening, along with Sparty.

After the gym’s reopening, Hutson said he plans to create a bond and make regular donations to Ele’s Place, a nonprofit organization for grieving children.

Share and discuss “Local gym set to reopen after renovations” on social media.